Friday, November 10, 2006

Movie Recommendations

Not that I am a real movie buff, but I do enjoy a thought provoking movie from time to time.....

Since it is Friday, I thought I would list a few movies that are out that I thought look interesting. To be honest, I have not seen one of these movies. Comments are welcome.

Deliver Us from Evil by Amy Berg

I will be mentioning this movie in the Sermon this Sunday. A disturbing documentary on a RCC priest and his victims.
Jesus Camp
It is also a documentary on a movement in evangelical churches to raise children to "fight" for Jesus. I am not exactly sure what is going on, but it is mentions in the film they are trying to counter the terrorist camps in the Middle East. Not sure what to think of that...

Fast Food Nation

This is a spoof on the fast food industry in North America. If you saw the movie, Supersize Me, also a movie critical of the fast food influence on America you will probably like this film.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I'm definitely looking forward to Jesus Camp .. if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the first doco made by these two directors, Boys of Baraka