Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Return to Tradition - US News & World Article

I just got my latest issue of US New & World Report to see on the front cover, A Return to Ritual, Why modern worshipers, including Catholics & Jews and evangelicals, are embracing tradition. To read the online article, click here.

It features the emergent church, which I am not a fan of, but not surprised they are mentioned. They are a sub article entitled, Mixing Jesus with Java. Sounds like an emergent title.

Anyhow, I found it interesting that Communion and using Creeds is becoming important. I am not surprised, but I guess some are. One of the flaws of the contemporary worship is the elimination of liturgy. This article simply affirms that people find it helpful. I would agree. What do you think?

No comments: