Thursday, March 27, 2008

This Sunday: Historical Sermon

I have heard of other churches doing this from time to time and I thought we would try it out as a church.

As many of you know, I like Church History, particularly the history surrounding New England. I have gotten to know George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards in new ways since living in Nashua.

Anyhow, we are going to read a sermon from George Whitefield entitled: "The Almost Christian" based on Acts 26 and the conversation Paul had with King Agrippa.

We will read the sermon in its entirety on Sunday as it was delivered for the first time in 1738, some 270 years ago in England. It was one of Whitefield's most well known sermons and is in my opinion, a very applicable one. If your interested, come and visit us this Sunday, and let us know what you think of our historical sermon .

No comments: