Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dr. Ralph D. Winter

When I was in College, I took a course on Global Missions. My prof, not an expert in the field by any means used a course from the U.S. Center for Global Missions. It was written by it's leader, Dr. Ralph D. Winter, and it was very formative in my Christian Walk.

After graduating, I studied for several weeks in Pasadena, CA at the HQ for the U.S. Center for Global Missions. I was there to prepare for teaching English in China. Ralph Winter was of course there and I had a chance to meet him. It was a honor for me, and I was thankful to meet the person who influenced me in my thoughts on Global Ministry.

Ralph Winter went to go home with the Lord on Wednesday
. I think we lost a very valuable resource when it comes to global missions. A very influential man, I am sad to hear of his passing.

No comments: