Friday, October 23, 2009

Brainerd to Judson



Just finished reading David Brainerd, his journal and diary. Very good, enjoyed his personal writings more than his public journal for he missionary society from Scotland. Overall, really enjoyed it, and thought it was well worth the time. Some good quotes and thoughts from a man who suffered so much.

Now on to Adoniram Judson, reading To the Golden Shore, a biography on Judson. So far, it has been a great read, I am up to the formation of the Missionary Society. Not sure if I will finish it, I am mostly interested in New England and the majority of the book deals with his time in Burma. Not a complaint, it should spend most of it's time on the mission field. But I have a duel purpose in reading. One for transformation, and secondly for research. I have already found it useful for locating local New England historical spots. Looking forward to visiting these locations in the coming weeks.

No comments: