Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trans Siberian Railway via Google

When I was living in Shenyang in Northeast China, every Sunday an extension of the Trans Siberian Railway stopped on it's way to Vladivostok, Russia. I wanted to travel home after my one year teaching assignment via the Trans Siberian Railway. I would travel from Shenyang => Vladivostok => Moscow => Warsaw => London.

The only problem was, I could not find anyone to go with me. And in 1995, it was dangerous to travel alone on the Trans Siberian. So my adventure was never realized.

Well Google has a project that is a decent compromise. They have created a virtual trip on the Trans Siberian for anyone to experience from the comfort of your home. It is not the same, but really really cool experiment.

Check it out for yourself.

No comments: