Monday, April 12, 2010

The Year I Smelled Like Milk

In 2010, I have been making an effort to read more at night before going to bed. It is going well so far. I think the reason in the past I have not been great reading at night was that most of my books were theological, textbook format. I decided to mix it up and read some biographies.

One recent biography I just put down was written by a friend of mine, Michael Hobson. It was written about our time in China in 1993-1994 as English Teachers. The book is specifically about Michael's experience, living in Beijing and riding a bike in Western China. It is well written, and for me, really brought back a lot of great memories.

So I would highly recommend picking it up at Amazon.com. It is a delightful snapshot of a China that no longer exists. A lot has changed in a few years, this book captures life in China for foreigners before the Internet, Olympics and automobile craze.

Enjoy!

Book's Website

No comments: