Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sermon Text: Genesis 4:12-20

Gal. 4:12 Brothers, I entreat you, become as I am, for I also have become as you are. You did me no wrong.
Gal. 4:13 You know it was because of a bodily ailment that I preached the gospel to you at first,
Gal. 4:14 and though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus.
Gal. 4:15 What then has become of the blessing you felt? For I testify to you that, if possible, you would have gouged out your eyes and given them to me.
Gal. 4:16 Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?*
Gal. 4:17 They make much of you, but for no good purpose. They want to shut you out, that you may make much of them.
Gal. 4:18 It is always good to be made much of for a good purpose, and not only when I am present with you,
Gal. 4:19 my little children, for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ dis formed in you!
Gal. 4:20 I wish I could be present with you now and change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.

No comments: