Monday, July 11, 2011

Sermon Text: Psalm 77

Psa. 77:1 I cry aloud to God,
aloud to God, and he will hear me.
Psa. 77:2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;
my soul refuses to be comforted.
Psa. 77:3 When I remember God, I moan;
when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah
Psa. 77:4 You hold my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
Psa. 77:5 I consider the days of old,
the years long ago.
Psa. 77:6 I said,* “Let me remember my song in the night;
let me meditate in my heart.”
Then my spirit made a diligent search:
Psa. 77:7 “Will the Lord spurn forever,
and never again be favorable?
Psa. 77:8 Has his steadfast love forever ceased?
Are his promises at an end for all time?
Psa. 77:9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has he in anger shut up his compassion?” Selah
Psa. 77:10 Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”*
Psa. 77:11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
Psa. 77:12 I will ponder all your work,
and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Psa. 77:13 Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?
Psa. 77:14 You are the God who works wonders;
you have made known your might among the peoples.
Psa. 77:15 You with your arm redeemed your people,
the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah
Psa. 77:16 When the waters saw you, O God,
when the waters saw you, they were afraid;
indeed, the deep trembled.
Psa. 77:17 The clouds poured out water;
the skies gave forth thunder;
your arrows flashed on every side.
Psa. 77:18 The crash of your thunder was in the whirlwind;
your lightnings lighted up the world;
the earth trembled and shook.
Psa. 77:19 Your way was through the sea,
your path through the great waters;
yet your footprints were unseen.*
Psa. 77:20 You led your people like a flock
by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

No comments: