Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NEPAL!

www.global-equip.org
I am very excited to share this opportunity and invite you to support this ministry to the church in Nepal.

About 2 years ago I made contact with Pastor Bharat in Boston who was studying here in the United States.  Pastor Bharat has been planting churches all over Nepal.  He has returned to Nepal and is continuing the work.  This movement is gaining momentum and there is a tremendous need to equip and train church leaders.

In July 2012 Global Equip sent its 1st team to Nepal for one week to begin training.  It was a very productive week and individuals came from all over Nepal to get biblical and leadership resources.  Gathering with the believers in Nepal was incredible.  Here is a picture of worship with the church in Kathmandu.


In May 2013, a 2nd team is going to Nepal and I have been invited to be one of the instructors.  This will be my first trip to Nepal and Lord willing I hope continue to help Christians in Nepal for many years through Global Equip.  I will be going with a PhD student from Washington DC who went on the 1st trip.  We are both excited about the 80+ participants who are already signed up for the conference.  I think it is going to be an amazing week.

In order to go, we need to raise funds for our travel expenses as well as the travel expenses of our participants.  In addition, Global Equip wants to cover the cost of materials, lodging and meals of the Nepalese Christian leaders. I am trying to raise $3875 for this week.

Christ Presbyterian Church as well as the Presbytery of Northern New England is helping me to raise funds.  I want to invite you to help in this endeavor to bless the Christians in Nepal.

To donate, go to global-equip.org and click on the donate button.  It will redirect to how you can donate to Global Equip and make sure under project description you write "Nepal 2013 Jason".
 
The reason to include my name is to differentate between myself and the other team member.

Even if it is a small amount, consider making a donation.  And be praying, that is just as important.  I will let you know more how you can pray for the trip and the training, but right now just pray that we can raise the necessary resources for this trip.

Contact me if you have any questions.  Would love to share!



No comments: