Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"The Secret"

I have debated doing this, but I just saw this on the Today Show and I think it would be good to direct people in the right direction.

What am I talking about?

The movie "The Secret"

If you have no idea what this is about, your not missing anything. If you want to know, click on this link to read an article on Wikipedia which is pretty good.

I saw the movie Sunday after church with some church members who were interested. Afterwards we had a discussion time that was very good.

It is scary how many people buy into this health wealth secular gospel. I thought it would be more convincing, I was very disappointed. It is a New Age movement that lacks integrity.

My favorite newspaper article is from the LA Times, a must read. Very good.

Also, Dr. Stackhouse, who we added to the blog has a good posting Feb. 21 on the movie. I would read that as well.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure why anybody of a religious bent would have a problem with The Secret. What The Secret says is that you can reach out with your mind and influence your life. I am not of any particular religion but what this means to me is that it proves the existance of the soul. The soul is energy. If you believe in the existance of an immortal soul then The Secret is only saying that you can reach out beyond yourself.
I use The Secret. I used to be an unpublished author. For over ten years I submitted novels and was ignored by publishers. Since I started using The Secret I have had three novels accepted by a very good publisher. That's proof enough for me.

Sincerely
B.L.Morgan
Author of Blood And Rain, Blood For The Masses and Blood On Celluloid. the first appearing in 2008

Jason Wakefield said...

I am glad for your success. If you read Dr. Stackhouse's blog post, you will see there are some good things the movement reminds us off. Positive thinking is good. Calling it a science, saying you can be healed and that all things are energy, borders on fraud. And I saw NO mention in the presentation of a God who is sovereign and the sustainer of the Universe. God was reduced to "energy"