Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sermon Text: 1 Corinthians 14:6-12

1Cor. 14:6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking in tongues, what will I profit you unless I speak to you either by way of revelation or of knowledge or of prophecy or of teaching?
1Cor. 14:7 Yet even lifeless things, either flute or harp, in producing a sound, if they do not produce a distinction in the tones, how will it be known what is played on the flute or on the harp?
1Cor. 14:8 For if the bugle produces an indistinct sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
1Cor. 14:9 So also you, unless you utter by the tongue speech that is clear, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
1Cor. 14:10 There are, perhaps, a great many kinds of languages in the world, and no kind is without meaning.
1Cor. 14:11 If then I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be to the one who speaks a barbarian, and the one who speaks will be a barbarian to me.
1Cor. 14:12 So also you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek to abound for the edification of the church.

No comments: