Friday, January 11, 2008

Methodist Anti-Credit Card

I thought this was an interesting idea. To get folks thinking about how they spend their money, the Methodist Church in the UK has come up with this gimmick.

Here is the press release from the Methodist Church.

I first heard about it while reading this article.

I like this quote

"The Methodist Church is encouraging people to buy less and live more this Lent, with their new alternative Buy Less: Live More credit card.

The card cannot be used to make purchases, but is designed to be placed in a wallet in front of other credit and debit cards to remind people to think twice before they spend.

Buy Less: Live More aims to challenge people to curb their spending and shrink their carbon footprint."


Anyone knows I am anti-consumerist. So this is right up my alley. What do you think?

No comments: