Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our Guide through Psalm 23

When you come to a passage in scripture that is well known, like Psalm 23, it is sometimes a challenge to preach a sermon.

I think there are a number of reasons why that is so. I think the leading reason for me is feeling a bit intimidated that the passage is so meaningful to so many people that I want to make sure I do it justice.

Somewhere along my Christian Journey I heard a sermon on Psalm 23 that used Philip Keller's book, A Shepherd's look at Psalm 23 and was really impressed. Written in 1997, it is a classic and a must read if you want to truly appreciate Psalm 23.

Philip Keller
will be a our guide this Sunday as we look at Psalm 23, I think it is going to be a very different sermon, and a very inspirational one. Come and join us this Sunday.

No comments: