Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sermon Text: Psalm 41

Our last visit with the Book of Psalms this year. Psalm 41

Psa. 41:1 How blessed is he who considers the helpless;
The LORD will deliver him in a day of trouble.
Psa. 41:2 The LORD will protect him and keep him alive,
And he shall be called blessed upon the earth;
And do not give him over to the desire of his enemies.
Psa. 41:3 The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed;
In his illness, You restore him to health.
Psa. 41:4 As for me, I said, “O LORD, be gracious to me;
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.”
Psa. 41:5 My enemies speak evil against me,
“When will he die, and his name perish?”
Psa. 41:6 And when he comes to see me, he speaks falsehood;
His heart gathers wickedness to itself;
When he goes outside, he tells it.
Psa. 41:7 All who hate me whisper together against me;
Against me they devise my hurt, saying,
Psa. 41:8 “A wicked thing is poured out upon him,
That when he lies down, he will not rise up again.”
Psa. 41:9 Even my close friend in whom I trusted,
Who ate my bread,
Has lifted up his heel against me.
Psa. 41:10 But You, O LORD, be gracious to me and raise me up,
That I may repay them.
Psa. 41:11 By this I know that You are pleased with me,
Because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me.
Psa. 41:12 As for me, You uphold me in my integrity,
And You set me in Your presence forever.
Psa. 41:13 Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel,
From everlasting to everlasting.
Amen and Amen.

No comments: