Wednesday, March 31, 2010

John Piper takes some time off from ministry

As I ponder some time off this summer, I was somewhat surprised to find out that Rev. John Piper has taken very little time out over his years of pastoral ministry. But that comes to an end in April.

Click to Read the Article

I have always respected hard working individuals and particularly those who faithfully minister in churches for years with out a break. But at the same time, I think we need to take breaks, rest, and evaluate our effectiveness, and ability to fulfill our call. And that is not taking into consideration time with family.

Glad to hear he is taking some rest, I hope it is time well spent.

1 comment:

Pete Williamson said...

thankful for men like Piper who understand that, regardless of what kind of field God's given them to tend, they are nevertheless mere men.