Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Pacific: HBO Mini Series

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/the_pacific_hbo.jpg
I have been a fan of Band of Brothers, the story about the men of Easy Company in Europe during World War 2. If you have not watched the Mini Series, I would urge you to do so. I will warn you, it is very violent, not suitable for children.

Hollywood likes World War 2, but for reasons I have not understood, many of the films produced in the last decade or so have focused on the European Theater of Operations. The Pacific Theater of Operations was much bigger and was way more costly. And often we only think of Pearl Harbor and Iwo Jima when it comes to the War in the Pacific. That's about it.

Finally, HBO is doing a mini series on the War in the Pacific. It follows 3 Marines and looks very promising. It is produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, the same men who did Band of Brothers. It is called => The Pacific

I don't have HBO, but I will look forward to seeing this when it comes out in DVD.

No comments: