Friday, May 27, 2011

Final Thoughts on South Africa 2011

I have been meaning to put a few thoughts on my trip to the Southern Hemisphere. Here is my attempt to summarize my experience in South Africa.

First, I want to say that it was a wonderful experience and I hope to return in a year or so, Lord willing. In my years of ministry experience, it was indeed a highlight and I hope in the future my ministry will have more opportunities like this in South Africa.

Assisting and helping ministers in underdeveloped countries and developing countries is a real interest to me. The church is growing quickly in Asia, Africa and South America. The ministers in these regions need help, and using my experience to equip them better seems like a good use of my education.

24 ministers from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia & Congo. A wide variety of ages, and experience, all willing to learn. The testimonies and breakthroughs were inspiring. It was so rewarding to hear many of them making some significant strides in their understanding of the gospel and their ministry. I am hoping they are going home with a new sense of purpose and tools to help them in their ministries.

What was evident during the 2 weeks, was the work of the Holy Spirit. I know I was not that inspiring to listen to, or my 2 colleagues. But I really sensed God was at work, and it was an honor to be apart of it.

There is more I can say, but I will end it here. I am grateful for the opportunity, I am thankful for Life Church Foundation and their effort to put this together, and I have a new found respect and appreciation of the good people in South Africa.

No comments: