Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I had a meal, he ate at a banquet


God often speaks to us in the in between moments in life. When we are just living life and going through the motions. That happen to me Tuesday Night.

Tues Night we took the 24 GLI participants, and took them to a local restaurant that has a special on Tuesdays. It is a nice place, offers a 3 course meal, drink included about $6. 35 people were fed for about $200 USD. Good deal, nice place, the food was fine.

As we were driving the some of the pastors from Namibia back to their dorms, I asked them how they liked the meal. An older gentleman, with a heart full of thanksgiving and great emotion said to me “ Pastor, I will never never never forget this night. It was so wonderful, I will write about it, I will always remember this night. I feel so blessed.”

After we dropped them off, I asked John, my friend who was with me, what he thought of the Namibia minister's comment. And John surmised, and I think he is right, this was probably the first time he ever sat down and ate a modern South African restaurant These ministers come from in Namibia, the bush, they don't have place like this to eat.

For me, it was a simple meal at a nice restaurant, something I have done countless times. I take it for granted. It filled my stomach and I was satsified. But for my Namibia brother, it was a banquet. He sat at a table with 20 other ministers and church workers and enjoyed a feast. He also filled his stomach, but instead of just being satisfied, he was grateful and thankful. He was filled with joy, and felt blessed.

It is a moment I don't want to forget, God teaches us sometimes important lessons in these moments. I felt humbled, and somewhat spoiled for taking for granted a meal that was provided for me. May it lead me to be more thankful and grateful for God's provisions in my life.


No comments: