Thursday, August 17, 2006

On the road in Northampton

I decide to take some time away to pray, be inspired by history and get some much needed planning done for the church. So Weds. I travelled to Northampton, MA and spent the afternoon looking for Jonathan Edwards. I was successful in some regards and found almost everything I was looking for (site of the church, Edward's Home, Stoddard's Home, Cemetery,etc..) I had done some research beforehand and it proved useful to the trip.

Northampton is an interesting town, I am looking forward to visiting again to do some more research. It actually reminded me of some of the towns I travel through last year in Southern England. Very charming and lots going on.

I travelled up through the Berkshires to Vermont to camp for the night. Before I head home on Thursday, I am going to stop at Missions Park in Williamstown, famous for the Haystack Prayer Meeting which took place 200 years ago this month. So far, it has been a very inspiring trip.

No comments: