Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sermon: Parenting

When I put this topic on my top 10 topics according to Proverbs I thought this would be one of my easiest sermons to formulate. But I forgot about verses like this in Proverbs....

Prov. 13:24 He who withholds his rod hates his son,
But he who loves him disciplines him diligently

Corporal punishment is a hot topic in our society today. There are diffferent views within the church as well on spanking children. How do we deal with verses like this is Proverbs given the current trend in the U.S. that wants to ban corporal punishment of children?

Proverbs has more to say about parenting and it should be a good opportunity for all of us to see what Proverbs has to stay about Parenting.

Prov. 1:8 Hear, my son, your father's instruction
And do not forsake your mother's teaching;

No comments: