Friday, August 11, 2006

Why not an Apple?

So earlier this week I was keeping a low profile because my Apple ibook went kaputt. This is necessary given how often I taunt my PC buddies who use Microsoft. But I am willing to reveal my experience with my broken ibook for the sake of further bragging.

Timeline
Monday - the computer was locking up, not working properly. Contacted Apple, spent an hour on the phone with a nice lady who told me it was a hardware issue. It needed to be returned to Apple.

Tuesday - box arrived to ship, sent it overnight to Memphis, TN.

Wednesday - ibook repaired, new hard drive and cables, shipped back to New Hampshire

Thursday - received my ibook in the morning

Cost - $ 0

I had AppleCare which did cost $200, but covers the ibook for 3 years and it covers repairs and phone support.

I was very impressed with the service and my ibook is back to normal, in fact I am typing this blog with the ibook. This experience has helped to solidify that the next church computer will most likely be an Apple again.

No comments: