Friday, October 20, 2006

Southern Hospitality

Opening ceremonies were last night for the missions conference.

There are 14 missionaries from all over. Military chaplains, overseas missionaries, local missionaries, local ministries, college outreach, church planting, etc.... A great diversity for sure. There is something wonderful about being in an atmosphere with an emphasis on missions, evangelism and outreach. Those who were gathered were either directly involved in missions or were supporting it. It was a great start to the weekend conference.

Saturday is the highlight of the conference. For supper, an authetic southern BBQ followed with a talent night. I sure do love Southern Hospitality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the family are enjoying North Carolina. We're going to have our first overnight freeze tonight with a projected temp of twenty-nine. I assume things are a bit more temporate there outside of Charlotte. I've flown through there many times on my way to Fort Bragg, NC. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you for Thanksgiving. I can't wait.

I picked up my bible this evening (something I haven't done in a while I have to admit) and read 1st Cor. 3:10-17. Verse 11 was highlighted "For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Are those the passages that fuel some religions to make rules against alcohol, smoking, caffeene, etc citing "the body is a temple"?

oh - it's probably too late now, but watch out - down south they like to put coleslaw directly on BBQ sandwiches...wierd.

-Steve