Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dale

So I am going out on a limb here and maybe surprise some of you.

Drew & I have recently become NASCAR fans for a number of reasons. When we can, we tune in to the races on the weekend. I know, for some of you the idea of watching cars going in circles would put you to sleep. But there is a lot of "drama" on and off the track that makes it excited to watch.

Anyhow, last night CMT had a special presentation on Dale Earnhardt and we watched it to gain a better understanding of the NASCAR champion. It was very good and even if you are not a NASCAR fan, I would encourage you to check it out. It is narrated by Paul Newman, and there are a number of interviews with folks that are interesting.

Dale was an impressive person and I understand better why folks feel a connection to the NASCAR legend. I was most fascinated with the reaction folks had when Dale won Daytona in 1998 and the events that followed his death at Daytona in 2001. Like I said, there is a lot of drama in NASCAR.

BTW => CMT is showing it again on Weds., and probably many many many times more.

No comments: