Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mark Your Calendars!

Yes, Wednesday, Sept 26 was the day I received my 1st Christmas Catalog. And I did not just get one, I got 2! Both from L.L. Bean.

Apparently the folks in ME are already feeling the Christmas Spirit in September. Somehow I remember things differently. It seemed when I was growing up, November was when the Christmas Season got going. And then later as a young adult, I remember seeing catalogs at Halloween. But apparently September is the time to start turning our attention to Christmas, 90 days and counting.

I find this all ridiculous given it was 92 degrees outside today ( which is odd) and the leaves have yet to hit their peak as far as colors. It seems to me, someone should make a rule => the catalogs do not come out until the last leave its the ground. What do you think?

No comments: