Monday, November 26, 2007

Sacred Places - US News & World Report

This past Sunday I mentioned that Jonah was thinking of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem while in the belly of the great fish.

Jonah was probably wishing he was there, and as I have mentioned already, Jonah saw his homeland as a sacred place. Its one of the reasons he is trying to get so far away from Israel.

Anyhow, I talked about sacred places and I was surprised to see in my pile of unread mail this article by US News and World Report.

Very very interesting. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this topic never ceases to fascinate me...thanks for the link. did you catch the reference to a Christian publication called Faith and Form? might have to check that out.

how are you enjoying Jonah? I did the whole book in a Sunday a few years back...it's one of my favorites.

Jason Wakefield said...

me too, I have the hard cover addition of US News & World Report and it is an interesting read. They do a great story on how sacred spaces are changing in America. Very eye opening. They start with the Puritans and move to the mega church movement. Good stuff.

The congregation is enjoying Jonah, we are obviously taking it slow, but the response has been good. Nahum is next, that will be interesting.