Friday, July 18, 2008

NECEP Interns next 2 weeks

I am getting a break from preaching for the next 2 weeks, and the help comes from the New England Center for Expository Preaching.

Two separate men will be preaching the last 2 Sundays in July on the Book of Psalms which we are faithfully studying this summer.

I appreciate the opportunity to work on Fall Planning and sermon prep for the fall, which I most desperately need to do.

If your curious, sermons often have a lot of prep outside of the immediate prep for a Biblical text that a congregation is studying on a given Sunday. I like to plan a year out the Biblical book we will be looking at, and also read and listen to sermons related to the text.

All of this takes time, and I am grateful to have these men preaching so I can work ahead towards the fall.

No comments: