Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sermon Text: Psalm 5

Psa. 5:0 For the choir director; for flute accompaniment. A Psalm of David.
Psa. 5:1 Give ear to my words, O LORD,
Consider my groaning.
Psa. 5:2 Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
For to You I pray.
Psa. 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
Psa. 5:4 For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
Psa. 5:5 The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
Psa. 5:6 You destroy those who speak falsehood;
The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.
Psa. 5:7 But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house,
At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
Psa. 5:8 O LORD, lead me in Your righteousness because of my foes;
Make Your way straight before me.
Psa. 5:9 There is nothing reliable in what they say;
Their inward part is destruction itself.
Their throat is an open grave;
They flatter with their tongue.
Psa. 5:10 Hold them guilty, O God;
By their own devices let them fall!
In the multitude of their transgressions thrust them out,
For they are rebellious against You.
Psa. 5:11 But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You.
Psa. 5:12 For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD,
You surround him with favor as with a shield.

No comments: